TOPS Cuts Won't Hit Students At University Of New Orleans

BATON ROUGE (AP) — The University of New Orleans will cover the full tuition costs for TOPS students in the spring, even though the state cut funding for the program.

         Louisiana is paying about 42 percent of tuition costs for TOPS students in the spring semester. That leaves students and parents to pay the remaining 58 percent.

         But NOLA.com/The Times-Picayune’s Julia O'Donoghue reports UNO announced Tuesday it will fill in the gaps left by the state for its 1,000 TOPS students.

- Sponsors -

         University president John Nicklow said he worried if UNO didn't find a way to pay for TOPS, students wouldn't be able to attend the university next semester.

         Northwestern State University in Natchitoches has also announced its 1,100 TOPS students won't be required to pay the 58 percent tuition cost.

         For more information

- Partner Content -

Entergy’s Energy Smart Program Brings Cost Conscious Innovation to New Orleans

Offering comprehensive energy efficiency at no cost to the consumer, Entergy’s Energy Smart program incentivizes Entergy New Orleans customers to perform energy-saving upgrades in...

 

 

Digital Sponsors / Become a Sponsor

Follow the issues, companies and people that matter most to business in New Orleans.

Email Newsletter

Sign up for our email newsletter