Former Chef Menteur Hwy Holiday Inn To Be Auctioned Off Today

NEW ORLEANS – The Orleans Parish Sheriff's Office will auction for sale today, Thursday, June 4, 2015, at 12:00 p.m., the former Chef Menteur Highway Holiday Inn located at 6324 Chef Menteur Highway.

         After years of neglect, the property will be auctioned off to remediate the blighted conditions and bring the building back into commerce.

         Once blighted properties approved for lien foreclosure have writs filed with the Civil District Court, they are subsequently seized by the sheriff’s office to be sold at auction. Sale proceeds will first pay the sales costs and the amounts owed to the City of New Orleans, and then will pay any other recorded valid liens to third parties. Remaining funds, if any, will go to the original property owner(s). The City’s larger goal in this process is to transfer blighted properties to new owners who will make repairs and abide by the City code.

- Sponsors -

         These auctions, held at the Civil District Courthouse, First Floor, 421 Loyola Ave., New Orleans, are open to the public and anyone can bid. The winning bidder must have at least 10 percent of the purchase price with them on the day of the auction with the remaining 90 percent due within 30 days. If the remainder is not paid within 30 days, the 10 percent deposit is non-refundable. The 10 percent must be in the form of cash or cashier’s check.

         For more information

 

- Partner Content -

Entergy’s Energy Smart Program Brings Cost Conscious Innovation to New Orleans

Offering comprehensive energy efficiency at no cost to the consumer, Entergy’s Energy Smart program incentivizes Entergy New Orleans customers to perform energy-saving upgrades in...

 

Digital Sponsors / Become a Sponsor

Follow the issues, companies and people that matter most to business in New Orleans.

Email Newsletter

Sign up for our email newsletter